Psalm 100:1 (AMP), Psalm 100:2 (AMP), Psalm 100:3 (AMP), Psalm 100:4 (AMP), Psalm 100:5 (AMP)
Psalm 100 is a short psalm and a great one to meditate on!
I wonder this morning what is it that defines you?
Often what we think, and value ourselves will win our loyalty and focus! It is true to say that we will always make time for that which we value!!
Consider v3; Know that the Lord is God! It is a simple statement loaded with stuff! In our mind is where it all starts as I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase “from the head to the heart” is sometimes the most difficult and longest journey isn’t it!?!
Let’s go deeper: the Amplified helps us by qualifying the original word in hebrew by adding verbs, perceive, recognize and understand with approval.
know what? God simply put is:
1. LORD that is YAWEH, the I AM able to be for you more than anything else.
2. God made YOU! YOU are CREATED by him for fellowship with him!
Our response then surely must be as in v1,2 & 4:
1. Make a joyful noise to the LORD. love the word noise cause it doesn’t matter if you’re not even in tune 🙂 (v1)
2. with gladness take opporunity to come into his presence with singing and out of that is a natural desire to serve HIM (v2)
3. Be thankful, with affectionate praise – Father loves to hear your praise and thanks! (v4)
Finally then ask the LORD today that you may really know him because knowing the LORD is really what defines us – it will change your focus today!
What is defining YOU today? Is your focus in the right place?
“…let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and run the race…” (Hebrews 12:1)
Key is to KNOW in your mind and allow HIS Spirit to bring revelation into your heart so that you understand fully!