Each subsequent generation of Israel always seem to falter, yet each time God in his loving kindness towards his people provides redemption.
Consider the principles seen in these verses:
1. Rebellion is evil in the Lord’s sight. (v7)
2. Judgement – consequence of sin, God hands over the people to live amongst the ungodly to see if they really choose that way how they get on!! (v8)
3. Repentance – change of heart, cry out to the Lord for help. Realisation that this life they’ve chosen for themselves is totally hopeless, and actually they need God! (v9)
4. Prophetic – God raises up a prophetic voice, to bring redemption – God hears their cries and in his mercy responds! God is always for his people! (v9-10)
5. Anointing – to be delivered into safety and have victory. God’s heart is for his people to live in victory and walk in the ways of God (lifestyle) (v10)
Is this not a picture of salvation in Christ? Today we have the Holy Spirit to help us to walk daily in the things of God. Perhaps too, God has brought prophetic people into your life to help you redeem the path he has called you to walk in.
Thank you Lord for the signposts you put daily in my life to keep me in your ways. Help me daily to choose to walk with you that I may know your anointing everyday. And help me to pass it on to subsequent generations I have the privilege to encourage. In Jesus name, Amen.
Follow me on Bible.com
Leave a Reply